Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spring Burlap Wreath

I have finally gotten to figuring out how the heck to make all those gorgeous fabric flowers out there. Mine aren't quite to 'gorgeous' status but I think I did okay for the first go around. After drooling all over the most beautiful wreaths on pinterest I decided I was going to just do it! I searched the blog world for the most basic tutorial..I am all about basic. I recently discovered a blog that I absolutely adore. Ashley at lil blue boo is such an inspiration. If you are not familiar with her you really owe it to yourself to take the time, get a cup of coffee and just read through her posts. It will change you. Okay back to the wreath...here is the link to the tutorial.  http://www.lilblueboo.com/2010/11/no-sew-fabric-flower-headband-tutorial.html . I am not the best at hyperlinking yet. Work in progress..that's me. Here is my version of a burlap inspired spring wreath. I hope to do some more and make the flowers vary in size more but for now this is working for me.




I may add a burlap "SPRING" banner across the top, haven't decided yet. But for now I am happy that I finally got around to learning. I think I am going to do a small one next, put darker burlap flowers on it and center it in the middle of a white frame. Love anything burlap and white!

No comments:

Post a Comment