Monday, September 10, 2012

End of Summer thoughts and another Annie Sloan Coco transformation...




Now that summer is over I am so excited to get back to work! I have so many posts to catch up on I don't even know where to start. It is almost impossible for me to put a coherent thought together in the summer that I don't even try. I just consume a ridiculous amount of white chocolate ice storms from Nordstrom's Cafe, take the kids to the bookstore, avoid a bathing suit at all cost and think of EVERY excuse NOT to play Candyland 'Just one more time!".

ahhhhh Fall is almost here...

I have finally organized and edited all my pics so they all ready to go. I went to an amazing Lavender Farm Festival in the Spring, Haven Conference in June (yeah..still haven't done that post, leave me alone!) and opened a new booth at High Street Antiques. My baby started kindergarten, I post-poned my surgery, was going to sell both houses, now keeping both but moving back into the one in Frisco. Lost 10 lbs, gained 15 lbs, started planning our Disney trip and completely renovated the Frisco kitchen for $1200...wait until you see the drastic results! I will review the Rust-o-leum counter top transformation kit, tell you how to transform your wood cabinets without stripping or painting AND defend my decision to send my kiddo to a private school (fists up..;)

Whew..lot's to catch up on!  Let's just start off easy with the ONLY furniture transformation of the summer. It is the first piece I put in the new shop and it sold in 2 days. I have a feeling the Plano mall is gonna' love them some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!



The lovely before pic...dirty and messy!



Lot's of potential for sure


It was missing 2 of the pulls so I had to scramble


Isn't she purdy??


Love how the pumpkins brought out the Old White detail

details, details, details

I loved these pulls sooooo much that I really tried to find the originals...no such luck!


I still have almost a can of Coco left so don't be surprised if my next 3 pieces are the same color! I know boring.....but beautiful!

Again...So glad to be back in the swing of things! I hope you stop back soon and follow along with my ever so late updates on all my crazy doings!

I sometimes link up with these fun parties!

Primitive and Proper , Domestically Speaking , Savvy Southern Style ,DIY by Design , Not Just a Housewife , Restore InteriorsThe DIY Showoff , The DIY Home Sweet Home , howtonestforless , coastal charm , todays creative blog , the kurtz corner , home stories a to z , carolyn's homework , Tip Junkie , shades of amber , Farmhouse Porch - Cowgirl Up , Miss Mustard Seed






28 comments:

  1. She is definitely 'purdy'. GREAT MAKEOVER.

    Candy
    PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's gorgeous! love the hardware! beautiful work, francine! welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cassie...feels great to have a bit of freedom! Will be seeing ya at your partaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I really would like to get into redoing furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should it is not hard at all and so much fun to see the transformations!

      Delete
  5. Oh, she is completely perfect! Beautiful job. Visiting from Farmhouse Porch. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!! She's a beauty! Stopped by from Cowgirl Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your Summer sounds very full. You've turned this piece into a beauty and if you still have paint left over for others, someone will be just as happy to score those pieces as someone else was to get this one.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Love how far ASCP goes...and this color is to just die for!

      Delete
  8. I just love this pc - beautiful job!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you
    follow back when you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love how this turned out! It is so gorgeous!! Come link up to Centerpiece Wed and share this with us.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful transformation! Visiting from Cowgirl Up and am your newest follower :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the dresser and congrats on 100+ Followers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty color! I'm featuring you in the PoPP Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    I LOVE this color combo of the Coco & Old White!
    I was wondering.. do you do any sort of prep work prior to painting?
    Also, when doing a dark walnut stain, do you strip the wood first?
    I'm just learning about ASCP and just anxious to try it! I have painted wood chairs as well as oak furniture (no paint) that I'd to try it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!. That is the BEST thing about ASCP NO prep!! I clean the piece than start painting. When I stain then, yes, you have to strip or sand the surface...put on a wood conditioner, a couple of coats of stain then finish up with a few coats of wipe on poly (at least that is what I do.) Good Luck..you will be addicted!

      Delete
  14. That is gorgeous! I love the two colors together, I'm a newbie to ASCP so I love reading about it. I'm your newest follower by the way, stop by when you have the time:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete