Monday, March 5, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint {Swirly Dresser-Graphite & Old White}

Wow, this one took some help from the troops! I actually had my sister and one of my besties to help with the details on these drawers. It was a little intimidating at first but when I saw it coming together I was really excited to see the final product. Another venture out into the country (free of meth labs this time;) led me to this not so pretty orangy 70's dresser. Super nice family had been using it to store 'stuff' in it and I was really pumped to get it home and start the tedious task of working on those frenchy swirls. Is there anything more dramatic than graphite and old white together..I think NOT! Took it up to my booth on Saturday and it was gone on Sunday.  It is going in to a little girls French themed bedroom. Love it when a piece I spend so much time on goes to the PERFECT home!

                                         Before..excuse my scale (don't ya love it though:)




French Swirl


Just the right amount of distressing and dark wax


Believe it or not I found her brother on Craigslist! A 6 drawer tall boy. I tried to get it but someone beat me too it. Just as well, I have a ton of projects going on right now and don't know if I have the patience for this much detail work. Plus my back is just now recovering! I am quite sure I will be having nightmares...errr...dreams about these drawers for a long time!
Hope you like!

Linking up with:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

25 comments:

  1. how funky and cool is this! i also love your blog name- so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My grandma and I use to go to a ton of flea markets/yard sales at the break of dawn. As the sun was coming up, every time without fail, she would always say.."Look Franny, SkyBluPink..isn't it beautiful." She was my junkin' buddy and I thought it would be the perfect name to keep her spirit with me and my business.

      Delete
  2. Love how you brought the details out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing transformation. I love that dresser. That little girl who is getting it is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome dresser transformation! Love the scrolly details!! I would love for you to link up at may party going on now at Jillify It! Hope to see you there!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!! You do such great work!!

    http://keepingupwiththejones-s.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing over at Dumpster Diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dresser the transformation is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a pretty awesome dresser - you really uncovered its true potential! I would love for you to come by and link it up to my Creative Inspirations party happening now! See you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So impressive! You did a fabulous job! Love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Golly, love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I commend you for bringing out those awesome scrolly details!! I can see how it would be a daunting task, but so worth the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to let you know that you’ve been featured on homework. Please stop by and grab a featured button. Thank you again for linking up your beautiful project.
    Have a great weekend.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/03/inspiration-board-link-party-spotlight_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! How do you have the patience? I start and never finish. You are great. I am most recent follower. I hope you'll drop by and see me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh, WOW! It turned out so well! I love how you paid attention to the detail to make it pop like that! Great job. I hope your back recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an amazing gorgeous piece. Such a beautiful job. I love the fabulous color combo.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is the most beautiful piece I have seen in a long time. The detail is just wonderful. I love the contrast of the paint selection as well. Great job. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe how pretty the "after" is - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, I love the dresser! The detail work is impressive. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the details do make the difference! Thank you so much for sharing, featuring at my party which will go up later this afternoon. -K

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this!I'm your newest follower I will be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have bedside tables like this that I redid. I am a newbie so was not able to do the swirls as you did. This was the look I was going for but had to change directions because I wasn't sure how to go about painting the swirls without making a huge mess. I like the way mine turned out in the end, but I LOVE this! How did you paint the swirls?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks 'Blessed..." The swirls were actually already on the piece and I just had painted the piece the graphite color first and then painted the scrolls old white with a small paint brush. Not really hard just VERY tedious!

    ReplyDelete